The particular requirements of this part of IEC 60364 apply to electrical installations in
medical locations so as to provide safety of patients and medical staff. These requirements
- hospitals and clinics or equivalent institutions (including equivalent transportable and
which, subject to assessment (710.30), can also include:
- sanatoriums and health clinics;
- dedicated locations in homes for senior citizens and aged care homes, where patients
receive medical care;
- medical centres, outpatients' clinics and departments, casualty wards;
- other outpatients' institutions (industrial, sports and others);
- medical and dental practices;
- dedicated medical rooms in the workplace;
- other locations where medical electrical equipment is used;
- veterinary clinics;
- rooms in existing installations where a change of utilization for medical applications occur.
This list is not exhaustive.
The requirements of this document do not apply to ME equipment or ME systems.
NOTE 1 Medical ME equipment and ME systems are covered by IEC 60601 (all parts).
NOTE 2 In the USA, the requirements of NFPA 70®, National Electrical Code® in general and specifically article
517 (Healthcare Facilities) apply.
SSH HD 60364-7-710:2012/AC:2013
SSH HD 60364-7-710:2012
prSSH HD 60364-7-710:2021
40.20 DIS ballot initiated: 12 weeks
Feb 3, 2023
Only informative sections of projects are publicly available. To view the full content, you will need to members of the committee. If you are a member, please log in to your account by clicking on the "Log in" button.